SONJO Solidarity Journey #2: Does Social Capital Induce Adaptation and Innovation? Lesson Learned from SONJO during the COVID-19 Pandemic
This webinar aims to share experience of the SONJO on how to form social capital during the pandemic using Whatsapp Group (WAG). Starting with only one WAG on 24 March 2020, in the end of May 2021, the member of SONJO has grown to more than 1700 with 19 WAGs and 21 programs. SONJO covers three sectors: health, economy and education, however, thus far, the majority of the programs are in health and economy. No funding required for running SONJO, except for renting website and zoom. Using WAGs, and other social media instruments, SONJO has managed to promote collaboration across stakeholders. At the same time, SONJO has managed to be media of interaction between demand and supply of various activities, especially in health and economy.
The webinar is a collaborative program between the Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia and the University of Southampton, UK and SONJO.
The opening speech:
- Eko Suwardi, Dean, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia: https://youtu.be/xgvGZnQGZJE
The presentation materials and videos of the webinar are as follows:
- Rimawan Pradiptyo: SONJO: Promoting Adaptation and Innovation during COVID-19 Pandemic through Social Capital, video: https://youtu.be/o-9CKNmBXPc
- Gumilang Aryo Sahadewo: Community-Based Initiatives to Mitigate the Covid-19 Effect among Micro and Small Enterprises, video: https://youtu.be/PgzKyVwXDlI
- Ani Widayani: Does Social Capital Matter in Counter Measures against COVID-19? Sharing Experience from Sumbermulyo Village, video: https://youtu.be/crYQoltOS8Y
- Michael Head: Gathering useful data – COVID-19 research in Ghana and Togo, video: https://youtu.be/ZtRBJ5ich7M
- Paurav Shukla: Creating & Maintaining Community Value in Times of Crisis, video: https://youtu.be/1syTS2nSBY0
- Sabu Padmadas: https://youtu.be/52gKkbVhkjo
- Q and A session: https://youtu.be/Un9rS2C8_8U
The full video of the webinar may be accessed in here: